- Q. How do I make a booking?
- Q. What are the charges for live photography?
- Q. How does live photography work?
- Q. What are the charges for Actual Day (AD wedding) photography?
- Q. Do you do event photography?
- Q. Are photocards the same as polaroids?
- Q. How do my guests get their photocards?
- Q. Can each of my guests get a copy of the photocard?
- Q. What sizes of prints are available?
- Q. Can I get a soft copy of the prints?
- Q. How many photocards do we get?
- Q. How many photographers/printers do we need?
- Q. How far in advance should a booking be done?
- Q. How do I make deposit/payment?
- Q. How much power is required?
Q. How do I make a booking?
A. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following :
Title of Event:
Date, Time & Duration:
Alternatively, you try our Interactive Live Quote. You may modify the requirements yourself by changing the qty and no of hours and the total will automatically calculate and show at the top.
A. The price ranges from about S$1000 to S$8000 depending on your requirements and budget.
As a gauge of the charges here are some examples for
S$1600: Standard event for up to 300 guests with 1 photographer
(4 hrs, 1 snr photographer, 2 printers w unlimited standard photocards)
S$2250: Customised branding event for up to 300 guests
(4 hrs, 1 snr photographer, 2 printers w 500 custom photocards)
S$4200: Customised branding event for up to 800 guests
(5 hrs, 1 snr & 1 event photographer, 3 printers w 1000 custom photocards)
S$7000: Dinner & Dance for up to 2000 guests
(5 hrs, 2 snr & 1 event photographer, 9 photocard printers
w unlimited standard photocards, 1 mobile studio)
S$1588: Silver Package for banquet up to 300 guests
(4 hrs, 1 snr photographer, 2 printers w unlimited standard photocards)
S$2388: Gold Package for banquet up to 600 guests
(4 hrs, 2 photographers, 3 printers w unlimited standard photocards)
S$2888: Platinum Package for Actual Day & banquet up to 300 guests
(6 + 4 hrs, 1 snr photographer, 2 printers w unlimited standard photocards)
A. One or more of our photographers are equipped with professional digital SLRs with a wireless transmitter. Immediately after the photos are taken, the photographer chooses the best shot to send and it gets projected onto the screen within seconds. (If live projection is chosen). Within minutes, we will print out credit card sized photocards for each person in the photo and our staff will distribute the photos personally to the guests (unless it’s > 1000 pax event, then we will suggest alternative methods).
A. Usually for 10 hrs (6 hrs day + 4 hrs banquet) prices will be
- Founding photographer: S$7,788
- Chief Photographer: S$3,988
- Senior Photographer: S$2,888
A. Yes, we will be able to shoot journalistic, documentary, performances, VIPs, setup photos etc on top of the candid, portrait & posed photos to be printed for the guests. 1 photographer can generally handle all these for up to 300 guests. For larger events, it is recommended to add another photographer to cater to the response from the crowd. Charges for
A. Photocards are the modern replacement for polaroids but there are numerous advantages over polaroids. A polaroid camera is a simple point and shoot camera and would not be able to get close to the photo quality that a professional camera provides. With photocards you can have multiple copies, soft copy and many other advantages over polaroids.
A. For events up to 300 pax standing / 1000 pax sitting, we are able to distribute the photocards to the guests personally. Beyond this number, we would have to advise guests to collect the photos themselves from a counter.
A. Yes, we will print a copy of the photocard for each person in the photo.
A. The current credit card sized photocard is 2R (91mm x 55mm), the next size up is 4R (6in x 4in) which is the standard photo lab photos that everyone is familiar with. There’s a few problems with 4R photos,
- Firstly nobody really likes to receive 4R photos during an event, they are simply too big to carry and too big to put in the pocket, and you can’t fold photos!
- Secondly they takes much longer to print and you lose the instant print appeal.
- Thirdly, it’s pointless to print on the back of the photo as 4R photos are usually kept in storage somewhere while photocards usually end up in wallets, beside monitors or workdesks, ready to be flipped around anytime should they need the information at the back.
- Fourthly they cost a lot more too.
- Finally, they aren’t as fun and cute as the photocards =)
From our experience, the credit cards size photocards are much better for client (branding and costs) and for the guests (speed, fun factor and keep value). With events that insist on printing 4R only, the guests that have been to our events tend to lament at not having photocard prints to keep it in their wallets.
A. Yes, the soft copies will be copied onto a complimentary 2GB thumbdrive and passed to you immediately after the event.
A. If you opt for our standard photocards, we do not keep a cap on the number of photocards printed. We let the printers print as fast as it can. For a 4 hr event with 2 photocard printers, it can generate up to 600 photocards. If you anticipate you’ll need more than that, more printers will have to be added. Please take a look at “Q. How many photographers/printers do we need?” for the calculation.For custom photocards, we will need to pre-print the back of the photocards and thus will be limited to the number of custom photocards ordered. When the custom cards run out you can choose to
- Stop printing (not recommended as many guests will be disappointed)
- Print on blank cards (will be charged at $50 / 100 cards)
- Print on LiveStudios standard cards (unlimited and no extra charge)
A. One photographer can cater to about 200 standing or 300 sitting crowd. A dedicated photographer will also be required if there is a mobile studio. Each printer is capable of printing 75 photocards / hr or 300 photocard in a 4 hr event. Thus a standard setup of 2 printers can print up to 600 photocards in 4 hrs. Note that a mobile studio tends to generate a high volume of photos and will need about 2 printers itself.
A. Tell us as soon as you have the date so that we can mark it down first. We shoot about 700 events yearly but we have the capability to do 4 concurrent shoots with our current staffing. On weekends and hot dates on weekdays we are often fully booked for multiple shoots months and on rarer occasions a year or two in advance. We do have limited teams available and as much as we would hate to, we do reject quite a bit of shoots as we can’t run our resources so thin that it potentially jeopardises a job. We do require a deposit however to secure the booking.
A. Deposit is typically 50% of the full price rounded off to the nearest $100 and will be required to confirm the booking. Payment may be made via cheque, bank transfer or NETS/cash at our office. Remember to indicate your name and date of event at the back of the cheque or in the remarks when making the bank transfer.Cheques crossed to
“LiveStudios Photography Pte Ltd” and send it to 52 Niven Road, Singapore 228400
Bank transfer to
DBS Current: 011-903570-6
A. Without using a projector, our standard setup of 2 printers, 1 notebook, router & miscellaneous chargers use up just over 230 watts of power. If you need to have additional add-ons, additional printers are 28 watts each, projector is 720 watts and a laminating machine takes up 1000 watts.